Merry Christmas a little late! We were super busy this holiday season. I have decided I love the holidays but trying to keep everyone happy is really draining.
My last day of work for the year was December 12th. I only had to work for half of a day - but I learned that day that I did not get a new job that I had applied for. It was with the same company, but it was more money and had room for advancement. I was upset for a day or so, but I know that something will come along. And I really enjoy my job that I have now, and my co-workers. I guess I know that with my degree I can get something that pays more - somewhere - I just have to find a happy medium.
My parents came up the following Tuesday evening. The next morning, my parents, Kaylee and I left for Summerville, GA. Every year we go up and spend a few days in a cabin at Sloppy Floyd State Park. We go to Calhoun and shop at the outlets for a couple of days and then visit with my dad's family at my aunt's house in Valley Head, AL. It is a great time - but I was really tired by the time we got back to my house on Sunday. Kaylee did amazing well to do so much traveling a shopping. My parents stayed with us on Sunday and left to go back home on Monday.
Monday Kaylee woke up with rosy red cheeks and a runny nose. She never ran a fever - so I guess it may have been a change in environment. We did laundry on Monday and she went to spend time with Nannie (my MIL). While she was visiting with Nannie - Daddy and I went and ran some errands and he bought me my Christmas gift - a pair of boots and a pair of red heels. We then went picked up Kaylee and packed overnight bags again.
We left Tuesday to go visit my parents and then have Christmas with my Mom's family. Kaylee had a GREAT time visiting with everyone - and managed to come away with her first percussion set. It is a drum and contained in it shakers, tambourine, maracas, and even a recorder. We have had a blast and she surprisingly (or not really that surprising knowing her Daddy) has great rhythm. She also got to meet Murphy - my aunt and uncle's dog, and provided the entertainment for the evening. She also got a Cabbage Patch Kid and a cute outfit.
Christmas Eve we spent with my mom, dad, brother and "sister". We had lunch and exchanged presents. Most of Kaylee's presents were given to her the week before when they were bought at the outlet stores, and that's when I got mine too :) New clothes - it's a tradition now that they just buy my presents while I am with them.
We headed back to our house that afternoon - the runny nose and sneezing continued and it hit Daddy while at Nana and Pop-pop's house. I have never been so happy to get back home and medicate everyone and send them to bed. Of course this was after we ate a small dinner and baked a few cookies for Santa.
Christmas morning was great. Santa visited and dropped off a couple of presents for Kaylee - one of which was a ride-on train. It is so cute! As well as a small table with chairs. In her stocking the girl got 2 bead necklaces and a small purse. The smile on her face brought tears to my eyes. It was a small Christmas in the Smith house - but she reminded me that all that really mattered is that we were blessed to be together for another Christmas. That afternoon we went to my in-laws and she came away with a few more presents. Daddy faired well as did Momma. I got a new vacuum cleaner - as my old one is at least 4-5 years old and I have all but blown it up :P
All in all we had a great Christmas. My baby is no longer a baby - but is growing quickly into a little girl. Soon the new year will be here and I will give thanks for another year of having a wonderful husband, a precious daughter, an amazing family -and great friends. Thomas will be working and Kaylee will be in bed by 10pm - so I will ring in the new year alone, and it will give me time to ponder life and the past year again as I have done in the past.
I know the new year is going to bring changes and my little girl will be starting "school" on January 5th. It is a half-day program at a local church - but a huge step for our family. Before I know it - she will be starting pre-k then Kindergarten. But I hope that the changes that we will see will be good ones.
And on that note - Happy New Year everyone!!!!
See you all soon.
Digital Vs Analog Electronics
1 year ago


1 comment:
Hey! Didn't realize you had a blog! Thanks for commenting! Hope you have a happy new year!
Post a Comment