Monday, January 5, 2009

"First Day of School, First Day of School"


So this morning was Kaylee Bug's first day of "school" - She started a half-day program at a local church. This was a hard decision for us because of finances, and it would mean someone else besides family would be keeping her, but we know it's the best choice. It will be easier on EVERYONE involved for various reasons. She will be going Monday - Friday. I will drop her off about 7:45a and either Thomas or I will pick her up around noon. The days that Thomas has to work (or worked the night before) I will pick her up and my MIL will meet me to get her to watch for the afternoon. This will allow Thomas to get some sleep or run errands and it will keep my MIL from having to keep her everyday. Most IMPORTANTLY it will give Kaylee the opportunity to be around new people and other kids. It will give her other people to play with and that is the best thing :) She needs friends! LOL



So our morning started out with me getting up at 6am and getting ready. I then got her up about 6:45a. She was NOT happy with me, but dealth with it. We left about 7:20a and I took her to her class. It was fine at first but she then realized that I was leaving and she started SCREAMING. I felt horrible. I left and ran errands and then came home. Before I knew it, it was time to go get her. T. and I went to pick her up and she started crying when she saw us. The teacher said she did great - but started getting moody/sleepy around 11am. We got home and she could hardly stay awake through lunch. After lunch we put her down for a nap and she slept hard. I found her "Sunshine Report" in her bag and it said she did great, told us when her diaper changes were, what she had for snack and what she did today. I think it's great. I was told when we picked her up that she "acted very grown up and is a great helper" : D






Oh well - Mommy needs a nap now. Yes - I took the day off of work. I wanted to be able to stay if I needed to and I had a doctor's appointment! I hope you enjoy the pictures of Kaylee's "First Day of School"

No comments: