Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's been a few weeks





So it's been a few weeks since my last update. What can I say? I've been busy!





Halloween was a blast. I was able to dress up for work - then take the afternoon off to take my little monkey trick-or-treating in downtown Milledgeville. I used to work downtown and loved the kids that would come by - and I love the idea of taking her during the day! The daycares bring their 3/4 year olds usually and it's amazing some of the costumes.




This picture is of us at my office. She wasn't real thrilled to start with - but she got more excited when she realized that she was being given candy!!!!



So then the next week was our vacation. We made reservations at a hotel in Blue Ridge, GA months ago and had been looking forward to a get-away. It may be our last for a little while, I mean the economy isn't helping out any!



We left Thursday to head to Atlanta. We bought tickets for the GA Aquarium - and I think I was a little more excited to go that anyone else. It opened on my birthday and I had yet to go... It was.... nothing less that amazing. I never thought I would be so fascinated by a bunch of fish! Kaylee had a GREAT time - and was on her best behavior. She got a prize on the way out for being so good. I bought her a small stuffed animal of Deepo, the mascot. We then headed up to Blue Ridge. The trees were really pretty and the town was a good size. Not too far from anything really. Friday was a day of nothingness. It rained and we had expected that - so we went to a few stores in Ellijay since we needed a quick trip to the Wally World anyway. Kaylee was in a mood - and again - that was expected.



Saturday was another exciting day - as we had made reservations to ride on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway. What a FUN ride. Cold, but fun. We rode the 1hr train ride to McCaysville, GA/Copperhill, TN. We put Kaylee on the state line and took her picture of her being in two states at the same time. There isn't much in those towns (which is actually one town - but the state line runs through the heart of it) but it was interesting to see. We got back on the train and realized Kaylee needed a diaper. The climate controled cars had changing areas - so I started to change her and then realized we were rolling! I can now say that I've changed a poopy diaper on a moving train! Kaylee the proceeded to fall asleep for the 1hr trip back. We walked around Blue Ridge to see the stores there and later played at the park. I have pictures - but haven't loaded them yet. I will try to get them up this weekend.



We are getting back in the swing of things. Kaylee and I are having issues with our allergies and she is cutting teeth again to - so we haven't felt our best.

If anyone wants a recommendation on a hotel in Blue Ridge - try the Blue Ridge Lodge and Spa by Comfort Inn and Suites. It is really nice!

No comments: