Friday, October 24, 2008

MOPS & Beds & Costumes

So I've been hearing of MOPS through middlegeorgia.momslikeme.com for a little while. I heard they were starting on in Milledgeville - and the first meeting was last night. I was really excited to go - there would be on site childcare and I would have time to connect with other mom's in the area. AND it is at night - which means that me - a working mom - can actually participate. (Most things are held in the morning and obviously I can't go). So I went - Kaylee went in to play with other kids and I went to meet Mom's. I had a good time - Kaylee did start crying and they had to bring her to me - but I figured that's how it would go. I think this is going to be good for both of us.


This weekend is the Sweetwater Festival in Milledgeville. I am really excited. My parents are coming in to town and Mom and Martina are going to go with me. Dad is going to stay at my house and probably play video games :) Thomas has to work as usual - and as much as it disappoints me - I am used to it. It's all apart of his job.


Halloween is next week and I can't wait. The downtown area of Milledgeville has trick-or-treating during the day - usually starting at 10am or so and daycare centers and parents can take smaller kids around. I worked downtown for many years and LOVED to hand out candy. Last year I wasn't working at the time - so Thomas and I took Kaylee. It was awesome. My boss has told me that I can take the time off to take her this year as well :) And now I know I can take her to the courthouse AND I can bring her to work and take her around to the offices here. I NEVER knew they let the kids come here. Oh - I can ONLY take the time off if I bring her here last. :)


So here is my questions to other mom's - the past couple of weeks, when we do our bedtime routine with Kaylee (bath, brush teeth, have some milk, and have snuggle time in the recliner with Mom or Dad) she will get down out of our lap and go to the other parent and sit with them - we tell her goodnight and give kisses and she sits for a minute and then will get down and go back to the first parent. She either asks to be picked up or she walks to her bedroom. If we pick her up we usually go ahead and take her to her room - and she wants to be put in her crib. She sleeps all night. The other night she did wake up and finally about 3am I went to get her. I picked her up from her crib and she wanted to be put down - and she immediately went to my bedroom and tried to get in the bed. After about an hour with us - she got down and went back to her room and motioned for me to pick her up - when I did - she wanted to be put in her crib. Does anyone think it's time for us to change her crib to a toddler bed?


Okay - I am going to try to put up a picture of my munchkin! This one is of her "helping" Daddy rake the rocks out of one part of our yard!


1 comment:

JanaFloyd said...

AWwww she is precious!!!