It has been a while since I have updated. We have been a little busy.
Let's see - I left off with us deciding that Kaylee will get tubes. She had those put in on April 2nd. We had to be at the hospital at 7:30am
. They took us back to pre-op and got her vitals and we changed her into her gown. We had to wait just a little bit - but the room had a tv with cable - so we watched our trusty Playhouse Disney. At about 8am - the doctors came in to talk with us and tell us that it would be just a couple of minutes. At 8:10am they came and got the princess. She cried and they took us to the post-op area. At 8:30am - Dr. Lockhart came in and said all went well and she was in recovery. We would hear her crying and then they would bring her to us. He went over some directions and about 8:40am - they brought her to us.
We were out of the hospital and on our way by 9:45. The redness in her face is due to some medication that they gave her. It is normal. She was dazed for about an hour but was playing as soon as we got home. She did vomit a couple of times, but after that - she was full force.
I had to make her take a nap! We've only had one problem since the surgery and that is she had a sinus infection shortly after. We were given our 4th round of antibiotics for the year - but all symptoms were gone within a day. We finish those tomorrow! Yipee! The best news is that at her followup today the doc said everything looks great! No more ear drops or meds for this little girl!
Kaylee missed a couple days of school last week due to the sinus infection - but was able to get back on Thursday for her Easter party and egg hunt. I was able to make it to the party for a few minutes. I love it when they have a party because it gives me an excuse to dress her in something cute!
Saturday, Kaylee and I left to go to Rincon, GA to visit my parents. We enjoyed going to church on Sunday morning - and I have to admit - she was so pretty! Kaylee went on her own personal egg hunt in their yard and we enjoyed time with Nana, Pop-Pop, Uncle Blake, and Tina (martina). On Monday we met up with Aunt Tracie, my cousin Ashley and her little girl Raegen at Lady & Sons restaurant in Savannah for lunch. All I can say in MMMMMMMMMMMM! Kaylee enjoyed standing at the window and watching people, animals, and other things. As soon as the dessert tray showed up - she hopped back in her chair and made it known that she wanted dessert! We headed back to Milledgeville yesterday. I was really glad to be able to visit my family and stay for more than a night. I hope to be able to take a couple of days every few months and go visit. Kaylee had a great time - and it was nice to be able to visit when she wasn't sick.
This week is our spring break - so we have the rest of the week to be lazy! Monday will come all too soon - but we are enjoying the time we have.
I hope all of you had a Happy Easter! I will try to post photos later this week!
I hope all of you had a Happy Easter! I will try to post photos later this week!


1 comment:
Oh my goodness!! I know it must have been difficult sending your baby away to surgery! So glad everything turned out great. :)
Post a Comment