Then in February 2001 - I met two guys that played in the band with me at the college. We were on a trip with the band. One of these guys and I became friends. I could tell he wanted more - but he respected my wishes to only want to be friends. (I was still recovering from a broken heart). We talked a good bit and went out a couple of times. In May 2001 - me and this guy started dating. This guy's name? Thomas Smith.
He had become one of my best friends - and I knew within a few months - that I would be with the man for a while. I secretly hoped that this was the guy I would marry!!
We continued to date and we continued to go through college. He graduted in 2004 and I graduated in May 7, 2005. Two days later - Thomas proposed :) It was our 4 year anniversary and a day I had hoped would come. A year later on May 6, 2006 we were married at Jerusalem Lutheran Church in Rincon (Ebenezer), Georgia. This is a church that my ancestors built and my family still attends. This was the best day of my life thus far!
Later that year - on November 19, 2006 - we found out we were pregnant and on July 10, 2007 - I gave birth to our daughter - Kaylee Ann. That was the best day of our lives - sitting right up there with the day we got married.
Next Wednesay we will celebrate 3 years of marriage and at the end of next week - we will celebrate 8 years together. :) We have our ups and downs - but who doesn't. I think it is healthy to have an argument here and there. We are looking forward to expanding our family and thank God for all the blessings he has given us.
Needless to say - I am grateful for the wonderful man that I call my husband :) I look foward to spending many more years with him!!!


2 comments:
That is precious! :)
Wow..that was so sweet that I started crying (pregnancy hormones are so crazy!!!!) :) You guys are so cute together! I SO need to catch up with you guys! I think I'm going to try to get in touch with Brit and get some prego pictures taken in early June--Hopefully we can catch up in mville then! :) I haven't been there in forever!!
Post a Comment