We had Kaylee's follow up with the ENT yesterday afternoon. I had a gut feeling that her ears were not better and I was right. Dr. Lockhart looked in her ears, nose and throat and said her nose and throat look better but her ears are still full of fluid.
We have 2 options. 1) put her back on antibiotics for another 3 weeks or 2) put tubes in.
I expressed my concern with giving her a 4th round of antibiotics in just 3 months - and he agreed. He doesn't think it will do any good to go through another course of meds when it didn't clear up after 3 weeks. He explaned the procedure and the nurse talked to us more. Basically from the time they take her back to the time they come and get us (after she is awake) is only about 30 minutes. They said we shouldn't be at the hospital for more than 2 hours.
Kaylee's pre-op is Monday morning and her surgery is scheduled for next Thursday. Hopefully a week from now - my little girl will be able to hear and speak more clearly. I am nervous and excited all at the same time.
That's all for now. I am fighting off some major allergies - and hope the rain will help wash some of the pollen away. I swear I can almost taste the stuff! ICK!
I hope you are all doing well!!
Michelle
Digital Vs Analog Electronics
1 year ago


1 comment:
I know a few kids who had tubes & suddenly were able to speak so clearly! Our friend's daughter was very quiet & her words were unintelligible, then after she got tubes, she was speaking so much and so clearly. Poor thing! She was just repeating the words as she had heard them!
Post a Comment