Sunday, June 14, 2009

It's been a while...

Sorry that it's been so long since I last updated. I think about it all the time - but finding the motivation and time has been the issue. We have been busy at work and then by the time I find a minute at home - I am just too tired to update.

So in the past month not a lot has happened really. My parents stopped by in Milledgeville for a brief visit midmonth and it was a nice to have lunch with them and for Kaylee to play with them. They brought her a few presents including an adorable outfit, some necklaces and earring, and some other things. As always - I wish it could have lasted longer.

The last week of the month was interesting. That Monday was Memorial Day - and we had a lazy day. I worked for 2 days and then was off the rest of the week. My parents arrived into town late Wednesday night. On Thursday, Kaylee was having an "end of the school year" party so Mom and I dropped Kaylee off and then went to get a few things for the party and some other things. We went back to have a great little party and then we went for pedicures! Well Kaylee didn't get one - but maybe next time! I had to pack that night and the next morning to leave on Friday. We were all headed up to Henry County for my oldest neice, Alyssa's graduation from high school. It was also exciting because my oldest sister Tammy found a great deal to be able to fly down from Wisconsin and bring her two kids. I was able to meet my neice Maleah for the first time and see the rest of my family again.

So the rest of the weekend went something like this:
Friday - babysat my neice, my nephew and Kaylee while everyone went to Union Grove's graduation.

Saturday - shopping with my sister, her kids, my parents and Kaylee. We were going to get Kaylee's ears pierced -but she freaked. So.. that didn't work.

We then went to Alyssa's graduation party. It was held in my sister's neighborhood. They have small beach area by a small lake. So we ate Shane's rib shack and then went swimming. Thomas was able to come up for this and we all had a blast.

We had to say goodbye Saturday evening - but it as a great visit. I hope it doesn't take so long to see everyone again.

So that brought the end of the month - and though it wasn't super busy - it was memorable. I loved being able to spend time with my family and meet some of them for the first time.

I don't really have any picture's yet because I have been too lazy to upload them from my camera!

Anyway - I hope everyone has a safe and happy summer!

No comments: