Sunday, June 14, 2009

How to save...

I have been telling people about how I have been saving a few $$ here and there. They have asked me to share and I am just getting a quick minute to do so.

I used to shop mostly at Walmart simply because the prices there are sometimes cheaper - but I am now spliting a lot of my shopping between Walmart and Kroger. Why? Because I have ways to save at Kroger.

Here are my methods
1) I use coupons.com - I check it once a week and print coupons that I think I will use. I don't have to print all of them - which is nice.
2)I use http://www.pgesaver.com/ - this is the Proctor and Gamble website. You can sign up for this site and load your Kroger Plus Card number. You then can load coupons directly to your Kroger card.
3)I use http://www.shortcuts.com/ - this is powered by AOL - but again you can sign up and load coupons to your Kroger card.
4)I also use http://www.cellfire.com/ - This is another site that you can register for and use your Kroget card. You can also use it at various other locations and you can load an app on your phone where you can get coupons on your phone.

I also get the paper of the first Sunday of each month. Well in Milledgeville I get the paper on Saturday - but anywho - the Sunday papers usually have more coupons - but the the P&G Saver (proctor & gamble) is in the first Sunday paper.

Kroger will double coupons with a value up to $0.50 as well.

If the register picks up a Cellfire coupon before a Shortcut coupon - the shortcut coupon won't be used. Same if it picks up the Shortcut coupon first - the Cellfire won't be used.

However - many of the coupons with P&Gesaver.com are the same that come in the Sunday paper - and right now you can use both.

I also use Huggies Diapers and signed up at http://www.huggiesbabynetwork.com/ - I get coupons in the mail for Huggies products (wipes, body wash, diapers, pull-ups, little swimmers, etc). I was able to save $6 on 2 packs of diapers just yesterday. One coupon was from Cellfire for $3.00 off of 2 packs diapers and one was a paper coupon worth $3 off 2 packs of diapers. So instead of buying the box - I got 2 "Jumbo" packs. :)

Another example - I wanted to get a Warm Delights for me and Kaylee to share one night. I had a paper coupon for $.55 off and a coupon on my Kroger card for $0.55 off. I was able to combine these and got a $1.99 Warm Delight for only $0.88. Okay - not a huge savings - but it's fun none-the-less!

Using these methods I have been able to save anywhere from $7 - $17.


Also! If you have a Publix nearby and you are either 1)expecting or 2) have a child under the age of 2 - sign up for their baby club. You will get a ton of coupons for great things and also a book. FREE! The closest one to me is in Macon. I had a dentist appointment last week in Macon and stopped by to use my coupons and spent about $12 on about $25 worth of stuff. I could have gotten more - but decided I needed to get back to Milledgeville!

Any way - I hope these help you and if I come across anything else I will let you know as long as you promise you will do the same!!! Happy Saving!!!

1 comment:

Gincy said...

I'm so trying all of these... THANKS!