I know it's been a while since I have written - but honestly not much has been going on until recently. We made it through the entire month of June without any illnesses for anyone! YAY! It was such a relief to go so long without a trip to the doctor - especially since we are driving to Macon now.
Kaylee and I went to church for the first time in Milledgeville. We go when we visit my parents - but have never gone here at home. We liked the church - and Kaylee did well in the nursery, but there are a couple of others that I want to visit. It is tough growing up Lutheran - and not having a Lutheran church near by to raise my daughter in.
At the end of June Kaylee and I went to visit Nana and Pop-pop. We try to see them once a month and this visit also had some shopping involved. My Mom bought Kaylee some birthday presents and I got a new cell phone. FINALLY! I ended up with a Blackberry Pearl. I like it so far - but still learning.
The next week was the start of July. We found out on July 1st that T. got a promotion at work! I am super excited. He is now a Sergeant and is working a regular shift and working days. He has worked nights for over 4 years and the last couple of years he has worked more than his share of hours. Now I can keep up with his schedule and he will be home every night.
We spent the 4th at home - and T. was actually off of work. We set of some "sparkles" (fireworks) and really just enjoyed some family time.
The following Thursday my parents and Martina arrived at the house to spend the weekend. Friday, July 10th was Kaylee's 2nd birthday. She had a small thing at school and my mom and I made her a cake to celebrate that night. We even grilled hamburgers for the special occasion! Kaylee had an M&M b-day cake. She calls M&M's "happy pills" and when we asked what kind of cake she wanted - she said "I want Happy Pill" - and that is what she got. She enjoyed blowing out her candles and opening presents. She saw the presents and yelled "SURPRISE!" We had her actually party on Saturday at Chick-Fil-A and it was awesome. It was nice and affordable and I didn't have to worry with cleaning my house for that many people. She made out with the gifts and I think she has played with EVERYTHING that she got.
The only other thing is that Kaylee is still using the potty occasionally. She will start being able to use it at school more in the fall and I am looking forward to that!
I will upload pictures when I get a chance. We hope you are all well!!!
Thomas, Michelle & Kaylee
Digital Vs Analog Electronics
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment