Sunday, August 30, 2009

I know... I know...

It has been forever since I have updated!

Honestly there hasn't been anything exciting going on - but we have been busy.

Since Kaylee's birthday - we finished out the summer.
At the beginning of August we had an open house at Kaylee's school. She is starting the 2 year old class at Sinclair Christian Academy. She has been there since January and it has been great for her. It is a half day program and she goes 5 days a week. Anyway - we "met" her teacher (we already knew her because Kaylee would visit with her class the year before) Ms. Pam. Kaylee finally realized that this was her new classroom and became comfortable very quickly!

On August 13th we made a trip to Birmingham, AL. My parents came up on Wednesday evening and then we left on Thursday morning. Thomas had to work - so he wasn't able to go - but we made it a mini-vacation. I needed it! We were able to visit a place that I haven't ever been to and the real reason we went was for my cousin Christy's wedding. It was held at the University of Montevallo - and was beautiful. It was over all too quickly - but it was nice to get away, and Kaylee was very well behaved. I think we are finally getting to an age that we can travel and not totally mess up her schedule. We didn't take a stroller or a pack-and-play or anything like that. It was somewhat strange and I felt I was forgetting something!

The past few weeks there have been a lot of people diagnosed with the flu in our area. They are saying since it is the flu - but not the "flu season" it is most likely the H1N1 flu. They have quit testing for H1N1 unless the patient is hospitalized. I know that the school I work at has seen some people with the flu and classic flu like symptoms and I have heard that the public schools have a large number of students and teachers out. They are getting very close to the limit of the number of kids out sick before they have to close the schools. Apparantly this flu the kids are fine and then BAM they have a fever of 102 -103ish. These kids are literally playing and feeling fine and then just come down with a fever very quickly.

Anyway - I had been praying that it woudn't hit SCA, which along with the Early Education Center (1yr to 4yr pre-k) also has a school K-12. Well - it did. Because of the small size of the school and the number of people out sick - they closed the school on Thursday and Friday to keep the spread of the virus down and to clean. I figured that if Kaylee was exposed that for sure she would show symptoms before Saturday. She had been fine and I constantly checked her temperature and all was normal. We went to a birthday party on Saturday afternoon and took a nap a soon as she got home. When she woke up she had a fever! It has not hit higher than about 101 - but now she has to be out of school again. She has not had any other symptoms - and I am praying that no other kids at the party get sick. We are probably going to go ahead and take her to the doctor tomorrow - just to be safe. This is only the second time that she has been sick since May - which is come kind of record. I figured she would get something once school started back - but I was hoping that we could go for more than a few weeks!

Oh well - that is where Kaylee is now. I am still hanging in at GMC - and trying to remind myself that good things come to those who wait. I have had some hard times - but I've made it through them. I hope that in the near future we will get some good news in all aspects of our lives. We have a lot to look forward to this last half of the year.

We hope you all had a great summer and I hope it won't take as long to update next time!

No comments: