It was a cloudy day - but there was a small opening where one ray of sun was able to escape.
I loved how it was almost like an arm reaching to touch the earth. I thought of my grandmother and hoped it was her watching over me.
From that day - sometimes I noticed that I could actually see sunrays. Anytime I saw them I would smile and know that I had angels watching me. This especially came true after my grandfather died. And there were times that I would be in the sun and could feel the sun on my skin. Those were always like hugs from my angels. I know I sound crazy.
When my Dad died my world seemed to go dark. I know you have to know this feeling. I mean I have a great husband and daughter and mom and family - but there was something missing. I hadn't had time to mourn him when I was with family and it would hit me in spurts on the way home.
The hardest that it hit me was when we were driving on Hwy 441 through Lauren's and Wilkinson County and I looked up. I saw the sun behind a cloud and all around it you could see the sunrays. All I could do was cry because I knew that I had a whole host of angels with me on that day including my Daddy.
Shortly after my Dad passed my sister told my mom - that when she felt that she needed to be close to my Dad - look at the lights on the tree or find a star or some sort of light and he would be there. She said this came to her in a dream and she had to share it. I cried and it took me several weeks to tell her about my sunrays.
I was looking through some pictures and found one that I took on the last trip that I took with my Dad. It was to Birmingham to my cousin's wedding and it was my dad, my mom, kaylee and myself.
This is that picture.
Last night I was feeling down about a situation that I feel I have no control over. I try not to dwell on it - but sometimes it is hard. I know that I need to let it go and God will allow things to happen in his own time - but it is SOOO hard. Anyway - I saw the sun setting and saw the rays coming out from behind the clouds and I knew that I was being told to let it go.
So next time you see a sunray or can fill the sun "kissing" your skin - know your loved ones are there.


1 comment:
:) Hugs and prayers!
Post a Comment