A couple of weeks ago someone approached Thomas about taking a dog.
We talked about it and I was really undecided. The lady said that we could take the dog for the weekend while she was out of town and "try" the dog out. If all went well and we wanted to keep her - we could. If not - then she would take Lucy back. I was not at all totally sold but agreed - because Lucy is only about 6-7 months old...
Thomas picked up Lucy on Thusday night. I only had to work a 1/2 day on Friday and I was off on Memorial Day.
The first night - Kaylee sat in her highchair. She wanted nothing to do with Lucy.
The second night - Kaylee sat on the couch and Lucy across the room on the floor.
Finally by Monday they were sitting on the couch together and Kaylee will touch her and hug and kiss on her.
Sunday night she was telling me "Mommy - I want Lucy to stay here!""
Tuesday she was telling me "I wub Wucy mommy!"
I have been walking with her 2x or more a day when I am home most of the day. Yesterday I walked almost 3 miles between work and the dog! I know she is going to be good for us and I keep telling myself that. I just have a huge issue with dog hair! Ick! We need to get some couch covers and she is not allowed in the bedrooms. She is house trained and sleeps in a crate and up to date on her shots and fixed and well... Kaylee loves her.
Soooo..... meet Lucy - The Smith Family's first puppy!

Up close and personal!

My two girls...


No comments:
Post a Comment