Ummm what??? Yes - that's right - Turkey Cookies!
Kaylee's class doesn't have a Thanksgiving part b/c they are out of school so their party at Halloween is a Harvest Party. They dress like scarecrows instead of regular costumes and it is so cute!
Well I was trying to find something fallish to take. I signed up for cookies because I LOVE to bake. Well - I remembered for Thanksgiving a couple of years ago - I made Turkey Cookies for a party at work.
I started with this....
Bake cookies according to package directions - and let cool.
Across the top of the cookie put one line of chocolate frosting. This was the first time I used the Easy Frost and it's AMAZING!
Lay a row of candy corn in the icing - this is the tail.
Next make the eyes - you can do this two ways. You can ither use mini-baking candies (like M&M's) or use writing icing. I used the icing. I found Halloween icing with Black, Purple, Green and Orage. Put two dots with any color BUT orange.
Next use the orange (or yellow) to make the beaks and feet.
This is what we ended up with:
Kaylee was able to help by putting the candy corn on and she had a lot of fun!
Happy Baking!


No comments:
Post a Comment