So today marks 13 weeks! Yippee!
I am excited to be entering the 2nd trimester. I am starting to feel so much better all around. I still have days that I feel so icky - but those are becoming less.
Kaylee still doesn't understand that a baby will be coming to STAY with us - like FOREVER. She associates the baby with her cousin Madalyn - who we see for a few days. But she doesn't live with us.
We have had two ultrasounds - the first was at 10 weeks. We saw the gummy bear and all was good. We had our second on Monday. It was actually the NT Scan which measures certain areas and checks for birth defects such as Downs Syndrome. They do a finger stick and put lots of blood on this card that they send to the lab. It also checks for birth defects. We will have the AFP4 done in a few weeks.
Many people DON'T have the antenatal testing done - but I had it done with Kaylee and decided to have it done with this little one. A lot of tests come back with "false positives". See if these markers come back "positive" then they may do more testing. Sometimes those come back positive and it turns out nothing is wrong. However - sometimes these tests are right.
The tests that we had done on Monday - are more accurate than the ones done a little later.
So WHY? Well - even if we get a "false positive" - at least we will have had time to prepare in the event something IS wrong. I am faithful in God and I know that all will come out the way he wants it too - but this just makes me feel better. Besides - I got to see my little one again, and it is such an amazing feeling to see that little being! (Pregnancy is SO amazing to me!)
But anyway - I have another regular appointment at 14 weeks. I hope to be able to schedule my next ultrasound for November - maybe on my birthday :) I will be 19w6d!
We will see!!!
Digital Vs Analog Electronics
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment