Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Check up!

I know - I know! I've posted a lot the past 2 days!

Well Kaylee Ann had her 18 month checkup today. I still can't believe she is so close to being TWO!

All is well. I honestly don't know how much she weighs because the child screamed the entire time on the scale. All of the office staff including the doctor's were laughing at her! I do know that she is about 32in tall. She was very well behaved at lunch - but the doctor's office was... whew.

She did well in the waiting room. She would pick up her backpack and go to the door. When I asked where she was going, she would say "home". It wasn't until they called us back that she freaked. Once in the room she calmed down - but because it took so long and it was her nap time she had a tantrum after I got on to her for throwing something in the floor.

The doctor said all is well. When I mentioned that her teacher said she was impressed with Kaylee's language skills, the doctor asked more questions. Apparantly some of the phrases that Kaylee says are on the 2 year old level and close to a 3 year old level. She overall is very impressed with what Kaylee is doing and her love of 'stories' (books). She told me to start exposing her to other languages that she could actually learn 2-3 languages at this age! How crazy is that?!? She also said that Kaylee has always done things a little earlier than usual - so even though I shouldn't push potty training until she is 2, that she may show intrests sooner (which she does on occasion). She also mentioned again that Kaylee is a "strong-willed" child - and when the doctor mentioned that sometimes it can be "Kaylee's way or the highway" - my strong-willed way-to-smart-for-her-own-good child.... giggled.

Ah - well... we will see where life takes us. And if you have any advice on how to raise "strong willed" children. Please let me know!

No comments: